Spring cleaning is a routine that happens every year where you have tons of new gadgets from the holidays and find that you have no where to put them after months of putting it off. If you going to clean you might as well clean the whole house right? Here are some tips, tricks, and hacks that should make this time easier and even FUN. Afterwards your house should be clean and ready to redecorate!
Tips & Tricks
- Weekly cleaning schedule : Instead of putting off all of the cleaning till the end of the month or end of the week try doing a little every day. A lot of cleaning spread out over 30 days is really nothing much at all. Try wiping down the countertops, wiping down the kitchen sink, sweep the floors, and taking out the trash everyday and that in itself should help a lot.
- Throw stuff away : Do not be afraid of throwing a lot of stuff away or donating them to Salvation Army. Cleaning out your closet, medicine cabinet, make-up, receipts, etc can be cathartic and relieving. Remember the rule of thumb if you haven’t used it in the last year you might not need it anymore.
- Work smart, not hard : Scrubbing the bathroom floor is not an option when you can just spray and walk away. Here are some cleaning hacks so that you do not have to be on your hands and knees.
- Work room by room : Cleaning and reorganizing every room is pretty daunting. Try going at it room by room so that you feel more accomplished. Every room requires different cleaning supplies so just keep that in mind.
- Organize for use : Organizing after cleaning work hand in hand. Sometimes you need fresh ideas on how to be efficient when organizing. Grab different sized basket and boxes to utilize around your home. Baskets can be used for extra throw pillows, blankets, toys, and magazines. Click the link for more ideas.
Once your house is clean and organized to perfection it might look a little barren to you. Kess InHouse can help pull a room together with wall art, throw pillows, blankets, curtains, and much more. If your house looks like its missing something that is probably because it is. Check out new art and new products at kessinhouse.com