Tobe is a talented artist with a love for sketching. His artwork conveys so much diversity that plays well with all of our products. As soon as you see his work, you’ll feel the same as we did when we first met him – #talented. See his full interview below!
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get your start as an artist?
- I always liked drawing, so it was a natural path for me. I started working for an advertising bureau and soon after I left the bureau to work on my own art. Simple as that!
- What is your first memory as an artist?
- I would create stories about the TV shows I loved and ‘published’ it as fanzines – basically magazines homemade with photocopies.
- What is your creative process?
- My creative process is really organic and non-linear. It depends on my mood and the work also. I love to sketch as many as possible, take a picture and finish it on PS or Clip Studio Paint.
- What is your favorite part of the creative process?
- Sketching. I love trying some different ideas and combining them together in my sketchbook.
- What common threads do you find show up in your artwork?
- Definitely nature. I live in a small town full of it. I definitely try to show my love for nature through my work.
- KIH : How did your relationship with Kess Inhouse begin?
- Some friends already worked with you guys at Kess and they showed me the site. I fell in love and contact you guys – We have been together almost 2 years now!
- KIH : What is your favorite piece? How did you develop the composition?
- Today I would say “Cats Cats Cats”. It’s a simple pattern that works with virtually any product. It’s clean, black and white. I love it.
- KIH : What is your workspace like?
- I don’t have a workspace to be honest. I have exchanged all my gadgets to my Surface Pro 3 and now I can work from anywhere. I love to work from cafés around the city or my own kitchen sometimes!
- What inspires you?
- Everything. Inspiration depends on the eye of the observer.
- What was it like to see your art on Kess Inhouse products for the first time?
- It was really amazing to see my creation on a Kess Product. It was a yoga pad. I remember a friend sent me the link – it was really great.
- What are your top 4 favorite products offered by Kess Inhouse for your artwork?
Did you find Tobe super talented? Did you have anymore questions for him?
Please comment below to ask anymore questions!
If you are also interested in being a Kess artist please feel free to apply on our website.
Use Coupon Code: KESSKULTURE and receive 15% Off Sitewide!*
*Cannot be combined with other discounts and cannot be applied to the Outlet Shop or KESS Custom products.